This handout provides guidance for taxpayers who are undergoing an IRS audit. It includes an overview of how audits are conducted as well as a strategy for preparing for the audit.
- Representation for the audit.
- Returns selected for audit.
- Audit procedures.
- Taxpayer’s rights regarding audits.
This handout explains how taxpayers should handle affairs once they have received a notice from the IRS. It also discusses how to avoid future notices and explains what rights the taxpayer has.
- Ten things to know about receiving an IRS notice.
- Avoid future problems.
- Taxpayer rights.
This handout explains the options a taxpayer has when he or she cannot pay the taxes due by the due date. Information on requesting an installment agreement is provided.
- File on time.
- Pay as much as possible when filing the tax return.
- Installment agreement request.
- Online payment agreement.
- Offer in compromise.